Consumers may make requests for you to delete information that you collect about them. It is SimplePart’s policy to reject these requests as CCPA does provide for exceptions if the information is necessary for business purposes, including:
- Completion of a transaction
- Fraud prevention/security
- Exercise of Constitutional rights
- Compliance with extant California or Federal law
- Engagement in public interest research, provided informed consent
- Internal use
SimplePart uses the information collected from consumers in order to help you fulfill orders and to prevent fraud. As a result, if on the Data Request Page a consumer requests to delete his information, SimplePart automatically sends him an email explaining our deletion policy.
Please note that you will need to check your other service providers’ deletion policies and follow any processes they have defined to complete the consumer’s deletion request.